Happy Friday! Wow! Is it me or did this week fly by super fast? I feel like just yesterday I posted a blog. Well, it’s Friday and you know what that means, it’s the end of a school week and a work week for some of you guys.
This week, I became one step closer to reaching my school goals. It’s been my dream since I graduated high school to attend San Francisco State University and I am so close to transferring. I realize that it will cost a lot of money and it will be difficult but that is definitely the school I want to get my degree from. It’s going to be hard leaving my family behind while I venture out alone in a big city that I don’t know much about but, it’s a chance for me to learn to take care of myself and to learn about myself. I’ve had plenty of friends that have moved out to attend college far from home and they are struggling. Some of these friends didn’t even know how to use a washing machine or how to even take care of themselves. I’m proud of them because they followed their dreams and they have successfully learned how to take care of themselves. They can cook, clean, manage their bills and still take out the time to study for classes. I’m super excited but, I know it will be difficult.
I actually had two weekly wins to share with everyone today. One I have already stated above but the other is something I learned today. Well not something, but five “something’s.” I’m not sure if all of these are true so please do not quote me on anything. Please correct me if any of the information is wrong.
Did you know….?
- Hello kitty is not a cat! When I heard that, I was shocked. She looks like a cat but apparently she’s a girl who has a pet cat.
- A fortune cookie company somehow put the correct lottery numbers on a fortune. A bout one hundred and ten people used the same fortune cookie numbers and won. Clearly, we all need to buy fortune cookies more often and use the numbers to win the lottery.
- A chicken lived for 18 months with its head cut off. This was back in the 1940’s, I believe. If this is true, we need to know that chicken’s secret. How did it eat?
- One in eight women have the chance of being diagnosed with breast cancer in the United States.
- Noses can be grown on foreheads. This is a bit strange but it’s possible. I believe it’s called prelamination. I saw pictures of a man with a nose on his forehead circulating social media sites a while back but I thought it was fake. I guess I was wrong.
Again, I’m not sure if all of this is true. They are just a few random things I learned today and wanted to share. Anyways, that’s all from me today. I hope everyone has an awesome weekend.